High Speed Wireless Troubleshooting
What to Check
The first things to check if you cannot access the internet are:
- The PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) box is powered on as well as the router if you use one
- The hardware connections are established.
- If you use a router, make sure the cable from the PC port on the PoE is connected to the WAN or INTERNET port on the router
Check the Wiring
- Ensure that the cables between the PoE, your computers, and the router are connected firmly. Loose connections can affect your Internet connection.
- Damaged cables can interfere with your Internet connection. Check for damage along the cables and loose connections at the end of the cable. Replace any damaged cables.
Power-cycle the PoE
Loss of Internet or network connectivity can be caused by the computer. Often a reboot will rectify the problem.
To power-cycle is the act of turning a piece of equipment, like a PoE, off and then on again. Quite often, most problems relating to the Internet can be solved using this method.
Some of the common problems solved by power-cycling the PoE include:
- Problems browsing websites
- Slow connections
- Inability to connect
To power-cycle your PoE, do the following:
- Physically unplug the black power cord from the PoE. The light on the PoE should be off.
- Leave the PoE unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- If there is a router present, unplug the power supply to the router.
- After 30 seconds, plug in the PoE
- If there is a router present, plug it in and turn it on.
- Within approximately 1-2 minutes, you should be able to use the Internet again.