Digital Home Phone - User Tips
- It is important to note that KWIC Internet’s Digital Home Phone service has certain limitations relative to 911 service that is available on most traditional telephone services.
- Be prepared to confirm your location and call-back number with the operator who answers your 911 call, since the operator may not have access to this information.
- Be aware that 911 service may not be available during a power outage, environmental or other emergency, and will be unavailable during a broadband internet outage.
- Make sure that your location information is kept up-to-date. This is very important because the 911 operator may assume that you are at your last registered address if you are unable to speak during a 911 call.
- Do not hang up the phone until instructed to do so, and call back as soon as possible if you get disconnected.
- Make sure you understand the 911 limitations of your Digital Home Phone service and that you inform any potential users of the service of these limitations.