Terms and Conditions Customer Obligations
Prohibited Material and Activities
- You are responsible for acquiring and maintaining all equipment and software necessary to connect to and make use of KWIC Internet's Service. KWIC Internet specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for the software provided to you by KWIC Internet in order to assist you in connecting to and making use of KWIC Internet's service. Unless specifically stated otherwise, all software provided by KWIC Internet for the purpose of assisting you in connecting to and making use of KWIC Internet's Service is the property of third parties and you are required to accept and adhere to all required software licensing agreements related to such software before making use of any such software.
- You agree to be responsible for all use of and charges resulting from the use of KWIC Internet, including, without limitation, use by minors living with you or under your responsibility, care or direction and unauthorized use prior to your notifying KWIC Internet of such unauthorized use and taking steps to prevent its further occurrence. You agree that KWIC Internet has no responsibility to censor or otherwise regulate information, files, content, data or other materials to or from minors living with you or under your responsibility, care or direction.
- You agree to promptly notify KWIC Internet of any unauthorized use of your KWIC Internet account and to take such steps as are reasonably required to prevent its further occurrence.
- You agree to use KWIC Internet in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws.
- Any access to any other communications network(s) through KWIC Internet must comply with the rules applicable to that/those other communications network(s).
Spam, Phishing & Unsolicited Bulk Mail
- To protect our subscribers, the security of our facilities, and our reputation and good standing in the internet network community, KWIC Internet specifically prohibits the storage on our servers, subscriber web sites or other KWIC Internet facilities, any information or content which in our exclusive opinion is potentially illegal, defamatory, 'ADULT' or 'HATE' information or material, unlicensed copyrighted materials, or which contains links or directs visitors to sites which contain information or content prohibited on our facilities.
- KWIC Internet reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate access to any subscriber login or web site without notice. Notification of inappropriate content or activities on our facilities is appreciated and our office should be notified immediately.
- Our efforts to protect our system and our subscribers from spam or unsolicited bulk mail (UBM) is not determined by the content of the mailing but by the distribution method. It doesn't matter what the content of the message is, the deciding factors are that it is unsolicited, sent in bulk and that it arrives in our subscribers' email box.
- We will never censor email or in any way prevent our subscribers from receiving mail addressed to them. However we will do everything possible to prevent UBM from reaching our subscribers.
- We may also terminate the service of any KWIC Internet subscriber who carries on as a spam or UBM originator or distributor from our server. As well as being a completely unacceptable practice, this activity can put our domain at risk of being banned by other servers who are trying to limit their exposure to spam and UBM.
- KWIC Internet will never send out email asking you for personal or account information. Phishing is a technique used by fraudsters to steal personal information such as your passwords or credit card numbers. If you receive such an email, please delete it immediately without replying to it or clicking on any hyperlinks present in the email.
Internet Access Security Policy
- KWIC Internet will not provide any information about our individual subscribers, including the provision of e-mail address to any inquirer except that information which is specifically provided by the subscriber to the various web site service.
- Lists of KWIC Internet subscribers are not available to anyone.
- It may be necessary for KWIC Internet employees to examine system accounting logs and other records to resolve system problems. KWIC Internet reserves the right to access an account's mailbox to resolve system problems or mail system errors.
- In addition, KWIC Internet will cooperate with the appropriate legal authorities in investigating claims of illegal activity, including but not limited to illegal transfer or use of copyrighted material, postings or e-mail containing threats of violence, or other illegal activity.
- KWIC Internet makes no guarantee and assumes no liability for the security or backup of any data on any server including secure servers.
- Our customers are reminded that no computer system should be considered safe from intrusion. E-mail may pass through many computer systems, and should not be considered a secure means of communication unless encrypted. Even then, information is only as secure as the encryption method.
Payment & Paperless Billing
- KWIC Internet may restrict service or terminate any subscriber who employs applications which unreasonably jeopardizes the technical security and performance of the system, operates applications intended to circumvent idle connection avoidance programs or precipitates actions or threats of actions by other domains due to intolerable activities on other host sites.
- KWIC Internet reserves the right to suspend or terminate a subscription, without specifying cause, at any time upon notice. If you have information regarding inappropriate or potentially illegal use of the KWIC Internet systems, please contact our office immediately.
- Termination during the course of any month will not entitle you to any refund of any prepayments for that month.
- KWIC Internet reserves the right to delete your personal files after either party terminates this agreement.
- All KWIC Internet policies and published information is subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Billing is done during the first week of each month, with payment being due two weeks after billing is sent out via e-mail. You will incur charges in addition to the monthly service fees (overage) if your usage of KWIC Internet exceeds the number of hours allotted for the monthly service fees. If payment is not received by the due date on the invoice your account will be suspended until paid in full. We do not contact past due accounts by phone.
- All KWIC Internet communication regarding billing is done via e-mail. Please be sure to keep the email address KWIC Internet has on file for you updated at all times.
- Your KWIC Internet account, Monthly Service Fees and Overage may be paid by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or pre-authorized payment. Customers of KWIC Internet who are on pre-authorized payment will have payment debited from their account on the 15th of each month and automatic credit card payment on the 10th of the month.
- KWIC Internet reserves the right to change prices or institute new charges for access to or for use of KWIC Internet. You are responsible for reviewing pricing information to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of KWIC Internet or non-termination of this Agreement after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the prices as modified.
- You require various software programs in order to use certain types of internet services, send and receive e-mail and use the other applications available on the internet. As a convenience to our subscribers and to assist you to begin your internet experience, KWIC Internet is permitted to redistribute certain software programs. These programs are called freeware and they are distributed without charge.
- Access subscription fees are charged exclusively for access to the internet and there are no charges for the software we make available to you. While KWIC Internet is permitted to redistribute certain software, the user of the software is responsible for reading and meeting the requirements of the software license agreement and with registering the software if required by the licensor. A wide variety of software programs for internet applications, many at no cost, are available to you on the Internet.
- This document provides a general understanding of KWIC Internet's policy on the appropriate use of KWIC Internet services. Common sense and judgement are a necessary part of any system of rules, and these policies are no exception. Of course, flagrant or repeated violations of the policy are viewed in a very different light than minor infractions.
- Protection of our customers and our resources, the ability to provide quality service to our customers, conformance with existing law, and the protection of our reputation as a service provider are all contributing factors to decisions on policy violations.
- It is our intention to allow KWIC Internet customers access to everything the internet has to offer with minimal or no interference. Our belief in free speech is a firm commitment to our customers. In an analogous manner, certain activities are considered inappropriate by the internet community at large, and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech.
- KWIC Internet does not monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the internet community, if we become aware of inappropriate use of KWIC Internet service, we will respond.
- If a KWIC Internet account is used to violate these policies, we reserve the right to terminate service without notice. Our preferred course of action would be to advise the account owner of the inappropriate behavior and corrective action necessary. However, flagrant violations of policies will result in immediate termination of service.